We specialise in:
- Product Stewardship
- Circular Economy
- Regulatory Affairs
- Natural Resources Management
MS2 Director Russ Martin has over 30 years experience in public policy development and sustainability in the US, Australia and Middle East. This includes roles in government and as an advisor to governments and industry. Russ has delivered major presentations in China, Singapore, Serbia, Belgium, France, Hong Kong, the US, Canada, Australia and New Zealand on product stewardship and sustainability.
Russ is Chief Executive Officer and Co-Founder of the Global Product Stewardship Council. Russ also founded the International Stewardship Forum Series, including the Sydney Forum 2018 and the Paris Forum 2019.
In 2015, Russ won the Global Green Future Leadership Award from the World CSR (Corporate Social Responsibility) Congress.
MS2 are Foundation Members and help lead the creation of the Global Product Stewardship Council in April 2010, as well as the GlobalPSC’s subsequent development. The GlobalPSC is an independent, not-for-profit forum for product stewardship development and an online resource for information on product stewardship policies and programs across the world. The GlobalPSC’s vision is to facilitate the development of effective product stewardship schemes globally. GlobalPSC members have headquarters or facilities in ten countries and include businesses of all sizes, NGOs and governments at federal, state/provincial and local levels.
As a membership-based organisation providing an online clearinghouse of independent, objective information on product stewardship, the GlobalPSC does not advocate for or against particular approaches. Rather, the GlobalPSC helps stakeholders to understand the objectives, strengths and weaknesses of various programs based on independent, peer-reviewed analysis and sharing information on emerging initiatives through an international network of product stewardship practitioners.
As President of the GlobalPSC, MS2 Director Russ Martin testified before an Australian Senate Parliamentary committee on the development of product stewardship framework legislation, following appointment by the Australian Government to the advisory body for the legislation and preparation of the GlobalPSC’s submission to the Senate.
- Towards a Circular Economy Through Stewardship of Forestry ResiduesThere are significant opportunities for the forestry and forest products sectors to collaborate with the agriculture, water, transport, energy, and construction sectors to reduce carbon emissions and deliver broader social, economic and environmental benefits. These opportunities can be realised through the development of new markets …
- Stewardship Integrated Throughout Biochar Industry RoadmapThe encompassing view of stewardship that MS2 and the GlobalPSC espouse has been integrated throughout the Australian Biochar Industry 2030 Roadmap, launched 21 June at Old Parliament House in Canberra by the ANZ Biochar Industry Group (ANZBIG). At MS2, we’re pleased to have led development …
- Australia Consults on PV and Small Electronics RegulationThe Australian Government is currently consulting on potential regulation for solar photovoltaics (PV) equipment and small electrical and electronic equipment (SEEE). The Commonwealth has previously stated its intention to regulate SEEE in addition to the existing National Television and Computer Recycling Scheme (NTCRS), and Commonwealth …
- New Zealand Releases E-product Stewardship Scheme DesignIn June 2023, TechCollect NZ released background research and scheme design details for a regulated waste electrical and electronic (WEEE) scheme in New Zealand. Details are provided in two detailed reports. TechCollect NZ led the nation’s co-design process for a regulated e-product stewardship scheme with …